View Single Post
Old 07-03-2021, 03:22 AM   #3
bluidkiti
Administrator

July 3

Prayer for Relieving Anxiety & Stress

God,
I come before you full of fear and anxiety.
I ask that you help me through this day, this hour, and each and every moment.
I lay every problem and worry before you.
I will focus on the fact that you love and care for me.
I will allow you to carry my burdens as you surround me with peace, joy, and contentment.
Thank you, Lord, for all that you have and will do for me.
Amen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

What impresses us most at an A.A. meeting is the willingness to share, without holding anything back.

Pretty soon we find ourselves sharing also. We start telling our own experiences and by so doing we help the other person. And when we've got these things off our chest, we feel a lot better. It does us a lot of good to share with some other poor unfortunate person who's in the same box that we were in. And the more we share, the more we have left for ourselves.

So ............

Do I know that the more I share, the better chance I'll have to stay sober?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

Smiles

A smile is the earliest form of communication. A human infant smiles in the first few weeks of life. As the child grows, it learns how to turn the smile into a laugh - a joyous response reflecting pleasure.

A sense of humor, a feeling of fun, and an ability to laugh are all signs of emotional maturity. Healthy laughter frees us; it is the sunshine that makes life's shadows interesting. When we develop the ability to see the humor in a situation, we gain the ability to handle it.

We were born with smiles. They are as much a part of us as our teeth and hair. Polished and cared for, our smiles can grow into a sense of humor that will help us through the painful times.

How can I turn troubles into smiles today?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ v

No If's

Alcoholism respects no ifs. It does not go away, not even for a week, for a day, or even for an hour, leaving us nonalcoholic and able to drink again on some special occasion or for some extraordinary reason -- not even if it is a once-in-a-lifetime celebration, or if a big sorrow hits us, or if it rains in Spain or the stars fall on Alabama.
Alcoholism is for us unconditional, with no dispensations available at any price.

Living Sober Page 63

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Quote

"Often we want to be shown the big picture but it is not always in our best interest as we can easily become overwhelmed." ~ Madisyn Taylor
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: