Thread: Relationships
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2013, 02:27 AM   #2
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
Excerpt: The Five People You Meet In Heaven

by Mich Albom

ALL PARENTS DAMAGE their children. It cannot be helped.

Youth, like pristine glass, absorbs the prints of its handlers.

Some parents smudge, others crack, a few shatter childhoods completely into jagged little pieces, beyond repair.

Thought For Today:

This reminds me of the many times I have looked at my son and thought, "He had a good teacher!"

Thanks to recovery I know I did the best I could, you can't teach what you don't know, you can't express what you don't know how, and you don't have to pay for the rest of your life. It was important to come to a place of acceptance and move on and knowing, that he too has freedom of choice and a God who I hope he gets to understand one day.
When my son showed up he was quite polluted. I told him he stunk. He said, "I stinketh do I? To high heaven?" I said, "There is nothing heavenly about it." Then it lead to me not having the window open and I said I was cold. He said, "Don't you have a blanket?" (Later had a talk with my friend and she asked me if I needed any) I said, "Nothing that fits my bed, but don't need anything heavy my sheet is enough." He brings out the comforter for his bed and says this is clean it doesn't smell, meanwhile keep in mind he is reeking of booze. I wrinkled up my nose and said, "Toe jam!" He said, "Very funny Mother!" and left to see his girlfriend.

He has a kind heart and it hurts to see him caught up in his disease. I just have to keep loving the person under it.

Something I posted on another site several years ago.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote