View Single Post
Old 08-02-2021, 04:01 AM   #2
bluidkiti
Administrator

August 2

Prayer to End Anxiety

God,
I feel hopeless. Give me the strength to banish anxiety from my heart.
Help me find a place where my mind can rest easy and appreciate and enjoy today without fretting.
I can’t banish the stranglehold of anxiety on my own, but I know and trust You will help me overcome.
With you all things are possible. Help me free my heart and mind.
Amen

~ Kristy H.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

We must know the nature of our weakness before we can determine how to deal with it.

When we are honest about its presence, we may discover that it might even be imaginary and can be overcome by a change of thinking. We admit that we are alcoholics and we would be foolish if we refused to accept our handicap and do something about it. So by honestly facing our weakness and keeping ever present the knowledge that, for us, alcoholism is a disease with which we are afflicted, we can take the necessary steps to arrest it.

So ............

Have I fully accepted my weaknesses?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

Spirituality

Spirituality is a creative and positive energy that forever seeks new ways to improve and heal itself. Spirituality is never satisfied with mediocrity. God is alive in musicians, writers, singers and prophets -- and always the standard of "excellence" is searched for; best can be made better!

As an alcoholic I often settled for convenience, "no sweat", mediocrity. My motto was "Why bother? It can be done tomorrow." I had low energy. Addiction robs the human being of God's productive energy.

In recovery I seek the best because I believe I am the best; God made me -- and I respect His choice!

Lord, save me from the "comfortable way" that makes no demands on me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now

Now is the time, the only time there is.
And if we are not kind to ourselves right now, we certainly cannot rightfully expect respect or consideration from others.
We have found we can enjoy, sober, every good thing we enjoyed while drinking -- and many, many more.
It takes a little practice, but the rewards more than make up for the effort. . . Unless we cherish our own recovery, we cannot survive to become unselfish, ethical, and socially responsible people.

Living Sober Page 42

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Quote

“Our anxiety does not come from thinking about the future, but from wanting to control it.” ~ Kahlil Gibran
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: