View Single Post
Old 09-16-2021, 04:03 AM   #16
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 16

Prayer This Morning

Lord,
This is another day, I know not what it will bring forth, but make me ready, for whatever it may be.
If I am to stand up, help me to stand bravely.
If I am to sit still, help me to sit quietly.
If I am to lie low, help me to do it patiently.
And if I am to do nothing, let me do it gallantly.
Make these words more than words, and give me the will to do your will.
Amen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

Working the Steps frees us from the negative emotions, which block out the light.

At first, we may have wondered how the Twelve Steps were related to our problems. As we progress in the program, we see that without the spiritual growth, which they facilitate, we cannot be fully open to the light from our Higher Power.

So ............

Lord, prepare me to reflect Your light.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

H.A.L.T.

H.A.L.T. stands for Hungry, Angry, Lonely, and Tired. These feelings can be danger to us. They can lead us away from our program. We need to eat regular meals. When we get too hungry, we get cranky. Then we say and do things we regret. We need to turn anger over to our Higher Power, or else our anger turns into rage. We need friends to help us in recovery. If we get to lonely, we may turn our addictive way for friendship. We don't stay sober by ourselves. We need a clear mind to deal with life. If we get too tired, we tend to feel sorry for ourselves. Being tired get us into crazy thinking.

Today, I'll review the four parts of H.A.L.T. In which areas do I practice good self-care? In which areas do I not? How can I improve?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Most Wonderful Blessing

It is a most wonderful blessing to be relieved of the terrible curse with which I was afflicted. My health is good and I have regained my self-respect and the respect of my colleagues. My home life is ideal and my business is as good as can be expected in these uncertain times.

I spend a great deal of time passing on what I learned to others who want and need it badly. I do it for four reasons:

1. Sense of duty.
2. It is a pleasure.
3. Because in so doing I am paying my debt to the man who took time to pass it on to me.
4. Because every time I do it I take out a little more insurance for myself against a possible slip.

Alcoholics Anonymous Pages 180-181 (THE DOCTOR'S NIGHTMARE)
(I use the 3rd Edition)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Quote

"But if you really and truly want to quit drinking liquor for good and all, and sincerely feel that you must have some help, we know that we have an answer for you. It never fails, if you go about it with one half the zeal you have been in the habit of showing when you were getting another drink." ~ Dr. Bob S.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Sponsored Links