truthful and high-minded,
brave and able,
courteous and generous,
dutiful and useful.
Amen.

~ Charles Kingsley (1819-75)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

Our bad moods are often our body's way of telling us we need rest.

We are wise to remember we never outgrow this need for rest to make the day go better. When we return to our day refreshed, we have given ourselves and all those around us the gift of ourselves at our best.

So ............

What can I do better when I am rested?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

Time Management

It's always risky when a recovering person gets too busy for meetings. It's also dangerous when business and personal concerns crowd out interest in the program.

We should never deceive ourselves by thinking that we're somehow safe just because our time is filled with useful and interesting work. Many of us have a tendency to become addicted to "busy-ness". Though less destructive than drinking, this serves as an escape, just as alcohol did.
The danger is that when the work no longer satisfies us, we'll find our lives becoming empty again. We could then be very vulnerable to taking a drink.

We should never be too busy for the wonderful, constructive work of the program. Far from taking time away from our other activities, work in the program will enhance everything we do.
I'll try to balance my activities today, making sure that I have time for the program.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There Is a Solution

Almost none of us liked the self-searching, the leveling of our pride, the confession of shortcomings which the process requires for its successful consummation. But we saw that it really worked in others, and we had come to believe in the hopelessness and futility of life as we had been living it. When, therefore, we were approached by those in whom the problem had been solved, there was nothing left for us but to pick up the simple kit of spiritual tools laid at our feet. We have found much of heaven and we have been rocketed into a fourth dimension of existence of which we had not even dreamed.

Alcoholics Anonymous Page 25

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Quote

“To incessantly blame others for my shortcomings is cowardice borne of fear, fed by fear, and haunted by fear. To be steadfastly accountable for my shortcomings is bravery borne of God, fed by God, and blessed by God.” ~~ Craig D. Lounsbrough
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: