View Single Post
Old 09-20-2021, 04:44 AM   #20
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 20

Prayer for Those Who Have Less

Lord, I know that you have given me so much. You provide a roof over my head. You provide me with an abundance of food on my table. I have friends and the opportunity to get an education. I have conveniences like computers. You have blessed me in my life with so many things that I don't even know.

Lord, there are so many other people who have so much less than I do. There are those that have no idea what life is like outside of depravity. And Lord, I know there are people around the world starving. There isn't enough food to always go around. Water is contaminated and a commodity that some areas on the earth do not have. There are children dying every day from starvation. I ask you, Lord, to intervene in these cases.

I pray that you will find a place for those that live their lives underprivileged and suffering. I also pray, Lord, that you always give me a heart for those who have less, so that I always feel a need to do your work here. I pray that I can lift those up and touch lives that need me.
Amen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

We had but two alternatives.

One was to go on to the bitter end, blotting out the consciousness of our intolerable situation as best we could, and the other was to accept spiritual help. A new life has been given us, a design for living that really works. All of us establish in our own individual way our personal relationship with God.

So ............

Have I established my own relationship with God?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

Friendship

Don't overlook the value of friendship.

Some friendships wax and wane, going through cycles throughout the years. But some friendships will last a lifetime. Friendships can be a good place for us to learn to have fun and to appreciate how much fun we can have with a friend.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dependent Upon

Let no alcoholic say he cannot recover unless he has his family back. This just isn't so. In some cases the wife will never come back for one reason or another. Remind the prospect that his recovery is not dependent upon people. It is dependent upon his relationship with God. We have seen men get well whose families have not returned at all. We have seen others slip when the family came back too soon.

Alcoholics Anonymous Pages 99 & 100

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Few Quotes

“The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.” ~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

“You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.” ~~ John Bunyan
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: