View Single Post
Old 09-22-2021, 04:55 AM   #22
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 23

Prayer to Do God's Will

Lord, at times I just wish that You would send me a letter or call me on the telephone and let me know with clarity what Your will is for my life, so that I may fulfill all the plans that You have purposed for me.

Help me to lay aside my own personal preferences and learn to say, "Thy will be done." Equip me I pray, to recognize Your gentle promptings and the wise counsel that is hidden in Your Word, and keep me from being swayed by my own fleshly inclinations.

Tenderize my heart so that I am able to discern the nudges and tugs that give me the wisdom to make godly choices.
Amen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

"Once an alcoholic, always an alcoholic."

What sort of thinking dominates an alcoholic who repeats time after time the desperate experiment of the first drink? Parallel with sound reasoning, there inevitably runs some insanely trivial excuse for taking the first drink. There is little thought of what the terrific consequences may be.

So ............

Have I given up all excuses for drinking?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

Peace

The Twelve Step program came out of a movement that was attempting to save the world by establishing universal peace. Our purpose is scaled down to helping the person who still suffers.

We don't really know the route to world peace, but we have learned that we must be at peace with ourselves and others in order to live happily. This means releasing the old resentments, distrust, and other faults that plague so many of us.

Living the Twelve Step way might have been our first experience in getting along with others. We found it totally different from the hate and suspicion that once poisoned our lives and kept us in bondage.

At some point, we may also find that we're playing a part in the larger purpose of finding peace. We have , at least, removed ourselves from the raging conflicts that cause so much trouble in the world. I'll be at peace with everyone I meet today. I've forgiven others and myself, and I'll do nothing today that gets me embroiled in conflict with others.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vision of God’s Will

It is easy to let up on the spiritual program of action and rest on our laurels. We are headed for trouble if we do, for alcohol is a subtle foe. We are not cured of alcoholism. What we really have is a daily reprieve contingent on the maintenance of our spiritual condition. Every day is a day when we must carry the vision of God's will into all of our activities. "How can I best serve Thee - Thy will (not mine) be done." These are thoughts which must go with us constantly. We can exercise our will power along this line all we wish. It is the proper use of the will.

Alcoholics Anonymous Page 85

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Quote

“The greatest power is often simple patience.” ~ E. Joseph Cossman

We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: