View Single Post
Old 09-25-2021, 05:47 AM   #25
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 26

Prayer for Sobriety Today

God, direct my thinking today so that it will be empty of self-pity, dishonesty, self-will, self-seeking and fear.
God, inspire my thinking, decisions and intuitions. Help me to relax and take it easy.
Free me from doubt and indecision. Guide me through this day and show me my next step.
God, show me what I need to do to take care of any problems.
I ask all these things that I may be of maximum service to you and my fellow man.
In the spirit of the Steps I pray.
Amen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

Finding a spiritual basis.

To one who feels he is an atheist or agnostic, a spiritual experience seems impossible, but to continue as he is means disaster. To be doomed to an alcoholic death or to live on a spiritual basis are not always easy alternatives to face. But we have to face the fact that we must find a spiritual basis of life - or else. Lack of power is our dilemma. We have to find a power by which we can live, and it has to be a power greater than ourselves.

So ............

Have I found that power by which I can live?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

Perfection

Stop expecting perfection
We do a terrible, annoying thing to others and ourselves when we expect perfection. We set up a situation where others, including ourselves, do not feel comfortable. Our expectations need to be reasonable. Expecting perfection is not reasonable.

The flaws and imperfections in ourselves determine our uniqueness. Encourage others and ourselves to do the best we can. Love and nurture others and ourselves for being who we are. Then realize we are not merely human - we were intended and created to be human.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Righting Wrongs

There may be some wrongs we can never fully right. We don't worry about them if we can honestly say to ourselves that we would right them if we could. Some people cannot be seen - we send them an honest letter. And there may be a valid reason for postponement in some cases. But we don't delay if it can be avoided. We should be sensible, tactful, considerate and humble without being servile or scraping. As God's people we stand on our feet; we don't crawl before anyone.

Alcoholics Anonymous Page 83

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Quote

“Each new day is a blank page in the diary of your life. The secret of success is in turning that diary into the best story you possibly can.” ~~ Douglas Pagels
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote