View Single Post
Old 10-15-2021, 02:44 AM   #15
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 15

Prayer When Lonely

Lord, there is so much swirling all around me begging for my attention – people, places, things, tasks. Still, in the midst of it all, I feel so alone—as if I stand in this swirling vortex by myself. For whatever reason, though people surround me, I’m unable to connect with them. It seems that when I try to open up, I am rejected and this rejection insulates me from ever trying again. For now I feel so alone.

Lord, right now I need this feeling of loneliness to diminish. Help me to reach out to those around me, help me to do so with boldness.
Amen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

Spiritual experience:

With few exceptions, our members find that they have tapped an unsuspected inner resource, which they presently identify with their own conception of a Power greater than themselves. Most of us think this awareness of a Power greater than ourselves is the essence of spiritual experience. Some of us call it God consciousness. In any case, willingness, honesty and open mindedness are the essentials of recovery.

So ............

Have I tapped that inner resource which can change my life?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

Honest Admission

Out of honest admission of our weakness comes strength. We are able to see ourselves realistically and with clarity. When we are humble enough to admit our wrongs, we get rid of the false front we had tried to maintain. This frees us to be who we are, without pretense.

When we admit our faults, we are cleansed. We no longer have to try to hide and cover up our weaknesses and mistakes. Instead of pretending to be perfect, we can be human and satisfied with our progress.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Irrational

I well remember the shock I received when a prominent doctor in Chicago told me of cases where pressure of the spinal fluid actually ruptured the brain. No wonder an alcoholic is strangely irrational. Who wouldn't be, with such a fevered brain? Normal drinkers are not so affected, nor can they understand the aberrations of the alcoholic.

Alcoholics Anonymous Page 140

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Quote

"I used to think that the worst thing in life was to end up all alone. It's not. The worst thing in life is ending up with people who make you feel all alone." ~ Robin Williams
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: