View Single Post
Old 12-07-2021, 04:30 AM   #7
bluidkiti
Administrator

December 7

Prayer When Frustrated

Lord, I feel so frustrated I just want to scream out ‘aargh’ but I can’t even do that.
I try to get through to others what it’s like, but I can’t.
I try to tell them how I feel, but they don’t understand.
I try to tell them what I want, what I need, but I can’t get through.
It’s all so hopeless. I don’t know why I even bother trying.
I hate being helpless: I like to be doing things and relating to people, but I can’t.
I just lie here, stuck, unable to do anything about my situation.
Anxiously I look for signs of hope, signs that the future might be brighter.
Any glimmer of light is seized upon, but the joy is short-lived because the struggle is so intense, the frustration so great.

Don’t leave me, Lord. I need you like I’ve never needed you before.
At least you know what I’m thinking, how I’m feeling.
And I know that I am not alone, not really alone, at all.
Help me to endure the unendurable, give me the courage to keep on trying— again and again and again— so that I don’t sink into the pit of black despair.
Amen.

~ Helen Prior

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

We need to check up on ourselves periodically.

Just how good an A.A. am I? Am I attending meetings regularly? Am I doing my share to carry the load? When there is something to be done, do I volunteer? Do I speak at meetings when asked, no matter how nervous I am? Do I accept each opportunity to do twelfth step work as a challenge? Do I give freely of my time and money? Am I trying to spread A.A. wherever I go? Is my daily life a demonstration of A.A. principles? Am I a good A.A.?

So ............

Am I lacking in any of these areas??

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

Envy

We often find ourselves envying someone else. We think they have more money or more friends. We see them as better looking or luckier in some way than we are.

It is so easy to overlook our own gifts when we do this. We get fooled by what looks good and forget that all human beings have some weaknesses and pain, just like we do. Like the trees in the forest, we each have our own unique beauty and talents to offer. If we believe in ourselves, rather than envy those around us, we will grow green and tall in our own way.

What qualities might I have that someone might envy?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Common Good

The unity, the effectiveness, and even the survival of A.A. will always depend upon our continued willingness to give up some of our personal ambitions and desires for the common safety and welfare. Just as sacrifice means survival for the individual alcoholic, so does sacrifice mean unity and survival for the group and for A.A.'s entire Fellowship.

"As Bill Sees It" Page 220

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Quote

"Today I can set my goals with the clear and confident knowledge that I can only do one thing at a time and take one step at a time towards that goal. I do not need to wait until I reach the goal to be happy and satisfied. I am fulfilled with each step, knowing that is all I can do in each moment." ~ Ruth Fishel
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: