View Single Post
Old 02-01-2022, 06:40 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default Today's Thought - February

February 1

Learn what you are, and be such.

~Pindar

It’s difficult for some of us to take a compliment. When others respond favorably to us, we may wonder if they know who we really are; we may believe that if they knew the whole truth, they would think less highly of us.

We are not impostors; we’re complex people who are continuing to evolve. We may be competent, sober, generous, and successful and at the same time still have uncertainties and self-centered fears. We can give ourselves permission to be wherever we are in our process of development or recovery.

This means acknowledging not only our shortcomings but also our successes. We can value what we’ve worked to accomplish and become willing to accept others’ praise and congratulations without feeling fraudulent. Our progress is real. We can let it empower and nurture us.

Today, my image of myself is positive. I accept the reality of my progress.

Today's reading is from the book Glad Day: Daily Meditations for Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, and Transgender People*
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links