View Single Post
Old 02-02-2022, 04:44 AM   #3
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 2

Fresh Start Prayer

Dear God,
Give me the courage to begin again – to overlook the difficulties, to overcome the obstacles and to stay open to the moment as best I can. Help me be patient enough to know it takes time to start over, and wise enough to ask for help from friends and family when I need it. As I look to the future, may I reflect on the past and remember the lessons it’s taught me. And God, may I always look to you for strength and guidance.

~ Abbey Caskets

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

When I came into A.A., was I a desperate person?

Did I have a soul-sickness? Was I so sick of myself and my way of living that I couldn't stand looking at myself in a mirror? Was I ready for A.A.? Was I ready to try anything that would help me to get sober and to get over my soul-sickness?

So ............

Should I ever forget the condition I was in?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

Acceptance

Acceptance of our past, acceptance of the conditions presently in our lives that we cannot change, brings relief. It brings the peacefulness we so often, so frantically, seek.

We can put the past behind us. Each day is a new beginning. And each day offers us the chance to look ahead with hope. When we fear facing new situations, or when familiar situations turn sour, we can look to our God for help in saying what needs to be said and for doing what needs to be done. Our higher power is as close as our breath. Conscious awareness of its presence strengthens us, moment by moment.

Today is full of possibilities. With each breath I will be aware of the strength at hand.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Willfulness

My willfulness is still very much a part of me and may always be a stumbling block to progress in my life. So I will have to stay very close to AA, where my strength lies. I am so full of human frailty that I think it is a miracle I am here today. It's only through AA.

The Best of the Grapevine [Vol. 2], Pages 147-148

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Quote

“One of the most valuable things we can do to heal one another is listen to each other's stories.” ~ Rebecca Falls
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: