Administrator

February 20

Prayer For The Irritated

Lord,
I confess my irritation with those who bully their way with words,
who fail to take responsibility for their actions,
who think no one sees what they do in the shadows,
and who live in a world of denial.
I’m angry and scared and tired of doing the right thing.
Strengthen my heart so that I not lose hope.
Amen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

On the foundation of sobriety, we can build a life of honesty, unselfishness, faith in God, and love of our fellow human beings.

We'll never fully reach these goals, but the adventure of building that kind of a life is so much better than the merry-go-round of our old drinking life that there's no comparison. We come into A.A. to get sober, but if we stay long enough we learn a new way of living. We become honest with ourselves and with other people. We learn to think more about others and less about ourselves. And we learn to rely on the constant help of a Higher Power.

So ............

Am I living the way of honesty, unselfishness, and faith?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

Struggles

The struggles of life teach us a lot. They challenge our beliefs. As we struggle, we come to believe that our friends, family, and our God will be there for us in hard times.

But we must do our part. We need to call and honestly let people know how we are doing. We need to pray and ask our God for help. If we do these things, we'll come to respect and learn from hard times.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Attitudes

We find that our old attitudes toward our instincts need to undergo drastic revisions. Our desires for emotional security and wealth, for personal prestige and power, for romance, and for family satisfactions - all these have to be tempered and redirected. If we place instincts first, we have got the cart before the horse; we shall be pulled backward into disillusionment. But when we are willing to place spiritual growth first - then and only then do we have a real chance.

Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions Page 114

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Quote

"The individual is capable of both great compassion and great indifference. He has it within his means to nourish the former and outgrow the latter." ~ Norman Cousins

We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: