View Single Post
Old 03-07-2022, 11:35 AM   #10
bluidkiti
Administrator

March 7

Quote of the Week

"When I entered recovery, I was dropped into the landscape of Grace."

My life used to be a living hell. Driven by an obsessive mind and a disease that wanted me dead (and settled for drunk), I was driven by a hundred forms of self-centered fear and I felt alone and defenseless. I had no tools for living, no hope for the future, and darkness filled my thoughts and painted my days. Finally, I hit bottom.

When I entered the rooms of recovery, I felt as if I had been lifted out of a sinking life raft and dropped into a great big, safe ship. Meetings gave me (and still give me) support, comfort, hope, and help. The program provided me with the owner’s manual to the life I had always wanted, and the greatest gift of all was a relationship with a loving and nurturing Higher Power.

Today, I begin my days by turning my will and my life over to my Higher Power. By surrendering my will, asking for His guidance, and then seeking to do His work, I experience a freedom, a sense of purpose, and a state of serenity that is beautiful. It is Grace. Today, I get to choose to live in this landscape of Grace, and for me that is the miracle of recovery.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote