View Single Post
Old 04-06-2022, 06:10 AM   #6
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 6

Prayer for Comforting

Dear God,
Some days feel too hard. We’re hurting. Struggling.
Fighting fear and worry at every turn.
Thank you in the midst of it all, you haven’t left us to fend for ourselves.
Forgive us for doubting you are there.
Forgive us for thinking you’ve forgotten.
Forgive us for believing we somehow know the better way.
Amen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

Is it my desire to be a big shot in A.A.?

Do I always want to be up front in the limelight? Do I feel that nobody else can do as good a job as I can? Or am I willing to take a seat in the back row once in a while and let somebody else carry the ball? Part of the effectiveness of any A.A. group is the development of new members to carry on, to take over, from the older members. Am I reluctant to give up authority? Do I try to carry the load for the whole group? If so, I am not being fair to the newer members. Do I realize that no one person is essential?

So ............

Do I know that A.A. could carry on without me, if it had to?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

Truth

Working the Twelve Steps helps us learn the truth. As we struggle with Step Four, we learn the truth about ourselves. We learn even more about ourselves by doing Steps Eight and Ten. When we admit the truth about ourselves, things come into focus. Big changes happen.

As a result, we can see other people more clearly. We see bad sides in people we thought were prefect. We see good sides in people we hated. We start to know that everyone has to work hard to find what’s right for them. No one knows all the answers.
In short, we begin to trust others who also are looking for the truth.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dependency

Plainly, I could not avail myself of God's love until I was able to offer it back to Him by loving others as He would have me. And I couldn't possibly do that as long as I was victimized by false dependencies. For my dependency meant demand -- a demand for the possession and control of the people and the conditions surrounding me.

The Best of Bill Page 56

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Quote

"I found power in accepting the truth of who I am. It may not be a truth that others can accept, but I cannot live any other way. How would it be to live a lie every minute of your life." ~ Alison Goodman

We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: