View Single Post
Old 04-11-2022, 05:55 AM   #11
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 11

Prayer for Rest

Lord,
I am exhausted and weary beyond belief. I ask that You touch my mind and body and help me let go of these racing thoughts that keep me from relaxing and sleeping. So come to you with my burdens. May Your peace guard my heart and mind today and restore my soul.
Amen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

Today, I am less sensitive and my feelings are less easily hurt.

I no longer take myself so seriously. It didn't take much to insult me, to feel that I had been slighted or left on the outside. What happens to me now is not so important. One cause of our drinking was that we couldn't take it, so we escaped the unpleasant situation. We have learned to take it on the chin if necessary and smile. When I am all wrapped up in A.A., I do not notice the personal slights so much. They do not seem to matter so much. I have learned to laugh at self-pity because it's so childish.

So ............

Am I less sensitive?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

Enthusiasm

When enthusiasm is absent in our lives, no activity appears inviting. In fact, most situations foster fear. Enthusiasm will usually guarantee positive outcomes for our efforts, when we look to our God for the right attitude.

An open, trusting, sincere relationship with our higher power equals enthusiasm about life. But that relationship takes work on our part. When we've done our homework we discover that no lesson will baffle us. Prayer and meditation make all things understandable and guarantee that we will "pass the course" on life.

Begin this day, and every day, looking to God for the gift of zeal to live fully every moment. My attitude of gratitude will increase my happiness many fold; if I look to this day with zeal.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Financial Recovery

Although financial recovery is on the way for many of us, we found we could not place money first. For us, material well-being always followed spiritual progress; it never preceded.

Alcoholics Anonymous Page 127

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Quote

“Even the smallest shift in perspective can bring about the greatest healing.” ~ Joshua Kai
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: