View Single Post
Old 04-23-2022, 06:28 AM   #23
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 24

Strength and Wisdom Prayer

Lord,
There are things happening around me right now that I do not understand.
Some of these things make me feel weak, helpless and afraid.
I ask you for strength and for wisdom that I would be able to endure the situation and
be able to handle it in a way that would fulfill your will.
Amen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

I have learned how to be honest.

What a relief!
No more ducking or dodging. No more tall tales. No more pretending to be what I am not. My cards are on the table, for all the world to see. "I am what I am." I have had an unsavory past. I am sorry, yes. But it cannot be changed now. All that is yesterday and is done. But now my life is an open book. Come and look at it, if you want to. I'm trying to do the best I can. I will fail often, but I won't make excuses. I will face things as they are and not run away.

So ............

Am I really honest?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

Harming Others

Even while drinking, few of us abused others physically or committed crimes. Yet we did harm others, even when we thought we were hurting only ourselves.

One way we harmed others.... and this applies to many alcoholic family relationships.. was by with-holding the love and support they needed. If we had a nasty disposition at times, this poisoned the atmosphere and made others uncomfortable and afraid.

Maybe we harmed others by not being productive at work. Our absenteeism, for example, may have put our boss in a bad light with superiors or caused the firm to lose a client.

Perhaps the worst harm was in being completely indifferent to what we were doing to others. Any willingness to admit wrong, then, can be a major step toward recovery and self-improvement.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fear

Fear has caused suffering when I could have had more faith. There are times when fear suddenly tears me apart, just when I'm experiencing feelings of joy, happiness and a lightness of heart. Faith -- and a feeling of self-worth toward a Higher Power -- helps me endure tragedy and ecstasy. When I choose to give all my fears over to my Higher Power, I will be free.

Daily Reflections Page 181

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Quote

“Today I Will Remember Self-esteem OR self-satisfaction?” ~ Anonymous Author

We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: