View Single Post
Old 06-03-2022, 06:02 AM   #3
bluidkiti
Administrator

June 2

Negative People Prayer

Dear Lord,

Please help me when those around me try to bring me down.
Allow me to recognize the hurts and issues in their lives and how I can be of help to them.
Help me to keep my natural human tendencies in check and not to retaliate back.
Quietly remind me where my true worth and value really lie.
Give me comfort in knowing that You are leading me on a better path and give me the strength to continue pursuing it.
Please clear my heart of any issues that will hinder me from praying for those around me.
Amen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

By drinking, we escaped from boredom for a while. We almost forgot our troubles.

But when we sobered up, our troubles were twice as bad. Drinking had only made them worse. In A.A., we really escape boredom. Nobody's bored at an A.A. meeting. We stick around after it's over and we hate to leave. Drinking gave us a temporary feeling of importance. When we're drinking, we kid ourselves into thinking we are somebody. We tell tall stories to build ourselves up. In A.A., we don't want that kind of self-importance. We have real self-respect and honesty and humility.

So ............

Have I found something much better and more satisfactory than drinking?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

Self-Pity

"Ah, poor me," we sometimes say, "I have to work so hard!" "I have so much stress!" "If only my problem with money would get better, then I could be content!" "I just don't understand people!" "Why can't my family have fewer troubles?"

This attitude of self-pity is as ancient as humanity. Every person has problems and challenges, and life often is not fair. Self-pity becomes a stumbling block when we get so narrowly focused upon our problems. We forget we are a part of a whole throng of fellow pilgrims on this path. It helps to notice others beside ourselves who are seeking courage to live their lives.

Sometimes we reawaken our awareness of our God by seeing that we are "carried on great winds across the sky." We have many blessings; we are not alone. Often within problems we discover our greatest blessings.

I will ask God to help me find the spiritual path in the choices I make today. Help me turn away from self-pity.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fear

We have had a much keener look at ourselves and those about us. We have seen that we were prodded by unreasonable fears and anxieties into making a life business of winning fame, money, and what we thought was leadership. So false pride became the reverse side of that ruinous coin marked 'Fear.' We simply had to be Number One people to cover up our deep-lying inferiorities.

Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions, p. 123

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Quote

"Continuing to beat our heads against the brick walls of past failures is insanity. We have a new life to live, provided we relinquish the attitudes and behavior, which we now know to be insane." ~ Cristina Ferrare
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: