View Single Post
Old 06-10-2022, 06:15 AM   #10
bluidkiti
Administrator

June 10

Smile Prayer

Lord,

I know that every day may not be good, but there is good in every day.
Make this one the best day yet.
Let my eyes be open to the natural beauty in the commonplace things I see.
May my heart feel love for everyone I meet.
Encourage my heart to embrace each and every person I see with a genuine smile.
Show me the way to living well.
Thank You for the guidance.
Amen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

As I look back over my drinking career, have I learned that you take out of life what you put into it?

When I put drinking into my life, did I take out a lot of bad things? Hospitals with the D.T.'s? Jails for drunken driving? Loss of job? Loss of home and family?

So ............

When I put drinking into my life, was almost everything I took out bad?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

Kindness

In our illness, we takers. Now, we've changed this around. We are now givers. Giving is a big part of recovery. Our word for it is service. Our program is based on care, respect, and service. Our program tells us to “practice these principles in all our affairs." No matter if it's getting to our meeting early to put on the coffee, or going on a Twelfth Step call, we are giving of ourselves. We give so that we know we can make a difference. We give so that we can know how to love better. The healing power of recovery is love. As we give love and kindness to others, we heal. Why? Because people grow by giving kindness and love to others.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alcoholism

Alcoholism is deadly, ugly, and tough. It is also cunning, baffling, and powerful. It wants me to consider perfection attainable. . . It wants me to try to fix myself with the right therapist or the right religion. . . It wants me to forget that it is a snake in the brain, hoping to catch my eye, watching, waiting. The gritty pain of alcoholism is the traction of recovery. I cannot afford to sell off the principles for an easier, softer way.

The Best of the Grapevine [Vol. 3], page 165

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Few Quotes

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. ~ Aesop

Happiness doesn’t result from what we get, but from what we give. ~ Ben Carson

We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: