View Single Post
Old 12-15-2022, 05:19 AM   #15
bluidkiti
Administrator

December 15

Prayer for Guidance and Strength

Lord,
I pray that you guide me and strengthen me as I carry my many burdens.
My burdens weigh down my heart, and I doubt at times if I can bear it.
When I am upset or anxious, bring me strength and calmness.
Bring me peace in my time of need and help me to find happiness every day.
Amen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

What makes an effective talk at a meeting?

It is not a fine speech with a fine choice of words and an impressive delivery. Often a few simple words direct from the heart are more effective than the most polished speech. There is always a temptation to speak beyond your own experience, in order to make a good impression. This is never effective. What does not come from the heart does not reach the heart. What comes from personal experience and a sincere desire to help the other person reaches the heart.

So ............

Do I speak for effect or with a deep desire to help?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

Spiritual Nourishment

We neglect to provide ourselves with nourishment for our minds and souls.

Life's experiences include joy and beauty and pain and grief. If we are uplifted every day by beauty in its many forms, we are strengthened and carried along to meet the tougher parts of our day. We may need to push some other things aside to have it. Perhaps some jobs can wait until tomorrow, and we can linger over a meal with our loved ones. Maybe mowing the lawn or fixing the car isn't as important as a half-hour of good music. Do we make space for nourishing moments each day?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Success" in Twelfth-Stepping

We now see that in twelfth-stepping the immediate results are not so important. Some people start out working with others and have immediate success. They are likely to get cocky. Those of us who are not so successful at first get depressed.

As a matter of fact, the successful worker differs from the unsuccessful only in being lucky about his prospects. He simply hits newcomers who are ready and able to stop at once. Given the same prospects, the seemingly unsuccessful person would have produced almost the same results. You have to work on a lot of newcomers before the law of averages commences to assert itself.

As Bill Sees It Page 165

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Quote

“The moment you accept that there's a guidance system supporting you, then you experience a new sense of freedom and peace.” ~ Gabrielle Bernstein
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: