bluidkiti
Administrator

January 8

Lord Help Me Today

Lord,
Just for today.
Please give me strength when I am weak, love when I feel forsaken,
courage when I am afraid, wisdom when I feel foolish, comfort when I am alone,
hope when I feel rejected, and peace when I am in turmoil.
Amen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

How seriously do I take my obligations to A.A.?

Have I taken all the good I can get out of it and then let my obligations slide? Or do I constantly feel a deep debt of gratitude and a deep sense of loyalty to the whole A.A. movement? Am I not only grateful but also proud to be a part of such a wonderful fellowship, which is doing such marvelous work among alcoholics? Am I glad to be a part of the great work that A.A. is doing and do I feel a deep obligation to carry on that work at every opportunity?

So ............

Do I still feel that I owe A.A. my loyalty and devotion?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

Pain

We got into a lot of trouble trying to avoid pain. We used alcohol to avoid pain. We didn't want to accept pain as a fact of life.
We can't avoid pain, but now we have the program. The program teaches us how to talk about our pain. The program teaches how to turn over our pain to our Higher Power.
We don't have to be alone when we face pain. We have friends to go to. Before, when we hurt, we ran to alcohol.
Now, when we hurt, we run to the comfort of our sponsor and our program friends.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Humility

On his desk, Dr. Bob had a plaque defining humility:
"Perpetual quietness of heart.
It is to have no trouble. It is never to be fretted or vexed, irritable or sore;
to wonder at nothing that is done to me, to feel nothing done against me.
It is to be at rest when nobody praises me, and when I am blamed or despised,
it is to have a blessed home in myself where I can go in and shut the door
and kneel to my Father in secret and be at peace, as in a deep sea of calmness,
when all around and about is seeming trouble."

Dr. Bob and the Good Oldtimers, Page 222

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Quote

"You can preach a better sermon with your life than with your lips." ~ Oliver Goldsmith
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: