Thread: Who Am I
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2023, 10:58 AM   #1
roverl0616

Default Who Am I

Finding out who I am has been a process that I continued after I started my recovery and I will always be able to continue to do this as long as I am willing to do the work that it takes, and to me it's always been worth it when I have. At one time I thought I had to know who I was, but later came to find out that I really didn't know, and that I'll never really be able to know. Today I am okay with not knowing, and when I wasn't was when I had to know. When I did this is what caused all types of problems for me, because I knew that this wasn't who I really was but just who I wanted to be. Eventually this all led to me not knowing who I was at all, and because of that I would be whoever you wanted me to be, because I had no idea who I was. I had become so lost to myself and yet inside of me I was still there, trying to find my way out of all of this, and who I had become. By not having to know who I am today I have been able to find out more and more about who I really am, and this has allowed me to be freed from being who I am not. I am finding out more new things about myself every day, but the most important thing that I'll ever be able to know about myself is for me to know who I am not.
roverl0616 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to roverl0616 For Sharing:
Sponsored Links