View Single Post
Old 01-13-2023, 05:23 AM   #13
bluidkiti
Administrator

January 13

Not Judging Others Prayer

Lord,
I have come to You for help. I am struggling with judging others.
Teach me how to pray for others when I realize they are struggling instead of judging them.
Help me to have a heart that shows compassion and mercy to people who are hurting.
I pray You would bless those whom I have judged and that Your grace would be real to them.
Amen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

Some doctors think of the A.A. fellowship as group therapy.

This is a very narrow conception of the depth of the A.A. fellowship. Looking at it purely as a means of acquiring and holding sobriety, it is right as far as it goes. But it doesn't go far enough. Group therapy is directed toward the help that the individual receives from it. It is essentially selfish. It is using the companionship of other alcoholics only in order to stay sober ourselves. But this is only the beginning of real A.A. fellowship.

So ............

Do I deeply feel the true A.A. fellowship?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

Trouble

We naturally wish to avoid pain and difficulty, but life experience and a measure of reflection show us that most of what comes our way is beyond our control. When we use trouble as our teacher, we develop the art of living. We are taking a spiritual approach, using our God as our guide. We can choose today to use our difficulties for our learning and growth.

We might ask, "What can I learn from this experience about myself as a man? How can I use this to strengthen myself for the future?" Serenity develops, not by eliminating life's difficulties, but by having a reliable relationship with our Higher Power in the midst of it all. I will try and use whatever comes my way as an opportunity for growth.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

From Misery

It may seem incredible that these men are to become happy, respected, and useful once more. How can they rise out of such misery, bad repute and hopelessness? The practical answer is that since these things have happened among us, they can happen with you. Should you wish them above all else, and be willing to make use of our experience, we are sure they will come.

Alcoholics Anonymous Page 153

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Quote

"Repetition of the same thought or physical action develops into a habit which, repeated frequently enough, becomes an automatic reflex." ~ Norman Vincent Peale
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: