View Single Post
Old 02-07-2023, 06:05 AM   #7
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 7

Prayer For Tough Times

Dear Lord,
Teach me to be content when I’m facing a bad day.
How easy it is to be happy when everything goes well.
How tough it is to remember my joy when one thing after another appears to defeat me.
Turn my frown into a smile. Tears into laughter.
Amen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

I am content to live the rest of my life without alcohol.

I have surrendered as gracefully as possible to the inevitable. I have made the great decision once and for all. I have no more reservations. Nothing can happen to me now that would justify my drinking. No death of a dear one. No great calamity in any area of my life should justify me drinking. Even if I were on some desert isle, far from the rest of the world, but not far from God, should I ever feel it right to drink. For me, alcohol is poison.

So ............

I will always be safe unless I take that first drink. Am I fully resigned to this fact?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

True Enjoyment

In recovery, we work at taking better care of ourselves. We care for our mind and our body.
Often, during our drinking, we ignored our mind and body. We probably ate poorly, and we pushed our body to the limit.
But now, we are to recover. . .totally! We are to care for our mind and body as we care for our spirit. Our illness is an illness of mind, body, and spirit. So, let's care for all three. In recovery, we learn to care for and love all of who we are.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Conviction

We reviewed our fears thoroughly. We put them on paper, even though we had no resentment in connection with them. We asked ourselves why we had them. Wasn't it because self-reliance had failed us? Self-reliance was good as far as it went, but it didn't go far enough. . . .
"Perhaps there is a better way -- we think so. For we are now on a different basis; the basis of trusting and relying upon God. We trust infinite God rather than our finite selves."

Alcoholics Anonymous Page 68

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Quote

”Self-righteousness is a loud din raised to drown the voice of guilt within us.” ~ Eric Hoffer
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: