View Single Post
Old 04-11-2023, 10:42 AM   #15
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 10

Quote of the Week

"If I’m not the problem, then there is no solution."

When I came into the program, I had a lot of problems, and most of them were your fault. My girlfriend didn’t understand me, my boss didn’t appreciate me, the police didn’t like it when I drove after just a few drinks (I was fine!), and on and on. If everyone would just get off my back, then I’d be fine, I thought. After a while, I felt like the whole world was against me.

As I began working the program, I was introduced to the Fourth Step and was instructed to make a searching and fearless moral inventory. My sponsor showed me how to make a list of all the persons and institutions I resented. Finally, I could document how I had been wronged. Perfect! I thought. But then he slipped in a fourth column called “my part” and told me to include my role in all my resentments and interactions. Now, that was unfair, I thought.

With his help, however, and my willingness to be fearless and thorough, I was able to see that I did have a part in them all. And what a gift that turned out to be. I discovered that if it was all your fault—and I certainly couldn’t control or change you—then I would forever be a victim, and nothing would change. But if I took responsibility for my part, which was something I could control and change, then I was released from the bondage of resentment and was finally free to live a new and better life. Today, I understand the wisdom in this quote and choose to keep my side of the street clean.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote