View Single Post
Old 10-10-2023, 06:25 AM   #10
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 10

Taking a Me-Tour

My new friend Leena posted something in a WhatsApp chat a while ago that struck me as slightly brilliant. She was talking about being on her way home from one of our summer retreats, filled with ideas and lists of things that she needed to do, when she decided to take a "me-tour." Think detour, but more of a diversion for our soul. Leena found a spot to plant herself, took some time to sit by water, journaled a bit, and soaked up a beautiful sunset. It wasn't a huge detour - she did make her way home shortly thereafter - but she was filled up with both the regulating experience of the me-tour and the pride she felt for making herself a priority.

I think everybody should think about taking more me-tours. During our regular day-to-day lives, most of us are annoyed when we are forced to take a detour, but choosing to take a me-tour sounds totally replenishing. What might your me-tour look like?

We can switch up our routes to and from home or work, and in so doing find a little bit of time to feed our soul.

Today's reading is from the book She Recovers Every Day: Meditations for Women*
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote