View Single Post
Old 10-14-2023, 04:54 AM   #14
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 14

We can pray in whatever way we please.

Being willing to ask our Higher Power for help is the first step to getting it. And God has no expectations of how we pray. There isn't a wrong way. Chatting with God as we would a friend is as appropriate as kneeling in church or beside our bed. We'll be changed by our efforts regardless of our process.

We're developing many skills and new behaviors with the help of Al-Anon and other Twelve Step programs. Our lives are changing daily as a result. Some of our new program friends consider prayer the most important of all the tools we're getting acquainted with. It's certain that the more accustomed we are to relying on prayer, the more quickly we'll find calm in the midst of chaos.

Sponsors tell us to seek opportunities for prayer. If we need solutions to problems, prayer will help. If we feel anger or resentment against someone, praying for that person will help. If we want to feel better about ourselves, prayer will help. When prayer becomes habitual, we’ll discover our lives have really changed.

I feel calm and guided when I begin my day in conversation with God. Remembering that this friend will never desert me comforts me.

Today's reading is from the book A Life of My Own: Meditations on Hope and Acceptance*
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: