View Single Post
Old 02-27-2014, 03:39 AM   #6
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Thanks for sharing. I don't think I would have stayed clean and sober if it hadn't been for the alternative medicines and the Reiki, Reflexology, and hands on prayer from the Holistic Center. They helped me through 7 years of migraines and I wouldnt be walking today without their help.

Continued prayers. I found that I had to work my program on a spiritual level, just not the phsyical. Emotional and mental disorders also make themselves known physically, I had a lot of deep scars as a result of a lot of abuse in my life, and they helped me to look at myself and heal.

The monarch butterfly was a big part of my healing and change. Every time I saw one or was gifted with one, a big transformation happened in my life. i.e. A guy asked me to be his sponsor, we were sitting on a park bench, and a monarch butterfly rested on the table between us. I was his temporary sponsor for some time, because I didn't feel qualified to understand his gay side, and the feelings that went with being gay. Being gay had nothing to do with his alcoholism, but I felt he need someone else to deal with his inner feelings and getting to know himself with someone who understood. I was with him until he had one year, and then I became a temporary sponsor.

It was a big lesson for me and brought new understanding.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MajestyJo For Sharing: