View Single Post
Old 03-02-2014, 09:22 PM   #2
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
Sunday, March 2, 2014

You are reading from the book Today's Gift

I was angry with my friend: I told my wrath, my wrath did end. I was angry with my foe: I told it not, my wrath did grow.

—William Blake

We have a right to claim our own feelings. Sometimes we get angry, but hold it inside because we think it's wrong to feel it. If anger builds inside us, it expands like a balloon ready to burst. If not released, it can make us depressed, or even physically ill. When we give ourselves permission to feel anger, we are better able to get rid of it in a healthy way. Our inner voice can tell us how to let go of our anger. And once we've released it, we can easily get in touch with the feelings that caused it.

When we recognize our anger for what it is--one feeling among many others that makes us unique--it loses its significance, and we can prevent it from consuming us. Indira Ghandi said, "You cannot shake hands with a clenched fist." When we let go of our anger we can honestly embrace each other with open arms.

Am I carrying around anger which could be released today?
Have found over the years, that anger often happens when I don't get my own way. It also means that I allow some person, place or thing, to rule my life. I give up my own power and allow them to rent space in my head without a down payment.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote