View Single Post
Old 03-26-2014, 12:00 PM   #28
bluidkiti
Administrator

March 27

STILL MORE

“Our answer is in still more spiritual development.” 12&12 p.114

“I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.” 2 Timothy 4:7

For what it's worth: Although there were no accomplishments during my drinking years, I remember some from my earlier life. I recall stopping and enjoying them for awhile afterwards. I have not found that true in Alcoholics Anonymous. After I finish something, these tricky drunks always have something else for me to do. Just one example is when I complete one Step, my sponsor always starts me immediately on the next one. Moreover, the Higher Power I found in Alcoholics Anonymous does the same. As soon as I make progress in one spiritual area, He reminds me how far I still have to go. So often, when I start feeling progress in my serenity level during serious challenges, a trivial, even common commotion of life comes along and I blow it big-time. When I take this to my Heavenly Father, somehow or another, usually at AA meetings or during my prayer and meditation, He whispers to me I need “still more spiritual development.” There are times when He yells it.

God bless you!

Joe W.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: