View Single Post
Old 03-28-2014, 07:47 AM   #34
yukonm
Administrator

March 28

AA 'Big Book' - Quote

Practical experience shows that nothing will so much insure immunity from drinking as intensive work with other alcoholics. It works when other activities fail. This is our TWELFTH SUGGESTION: Carry this message to other alcoholics! You can help when no one else can. You can secure their confidence when others fail. Remember they are very ill. - Pg. 89 - Working With Others

Hour To Hour - Book - Quote

Keeping life simple right now is imperative. You need to learn how not to use mind-affecting chemicals. You do this by following instructions. That's all. Your family problems, job instability, or other concerns must take a back seat until you stabilize yourself.

Let me realize that my thinking is not balanced enough now to solve past problems. May I stow away my concerns for the first 30 days.

Appreciating Life

I have the gift of life. I am here. I am alive, with all of my senses and able to experience the magic of this incredible world. Whatever this day has in store for me - I am open to receive. I will act on my day and allow my day to act on me. I am open. I will take steps that I know will make my day feel good, productive and pleasurable, and then I will let the rest happen. Each day presents me with gifts and surprises, if I know how to unwrap the present - if I remember how to be pleased, moved and astonished by the wonders of this world.

Life itself is the gift

- Tian Dayton PhD

Pocket Sponsor - Book - Quote

Do not be quick to call all therapy 'psycho-babble' and think that mental health experts do not understand. Therapy can be the guide that leads you to the discovery of your anchor amidst the surrounding storms of life.

In the words of Bill Wilson, I should 'never belittle a good doctor or psychiatrist'.

"Walk Softly and Carry a Big Book" - Book

If you aren't happy today, what are you waiting for?

Time for Joy - Book - Quote

I am at choice today. I can watch my negative thoughts go by and replace them with positive thoughts and compassion.

Alkiespeak - Book - Quote

I began to see that my insanity is not the crazy, stupid things I do when I'm drinking. It's the insane idea that this time it's going to be different, the idea that: 'Only two drinks, that's all I'm going to take.' or: 'One drink won't hurt me.' - Charlie P.

One Day At A Time

yukonm is offline   Reply With Quote