View Single Post
Old 03-28-2014, 10:08 AM   #30
bluidkiti
Administrator

March 29

FROM WHAT I WAS

"People like you are too heartbreaking." Alcoholics Anonymous, page 43

"If I tried to recite all your wonderful deeds, I would never come to the end of them." Psalm 40: 5

For what it’s worth: The worthless mess I became under the rule of alcoholism was “heartbreaking.” I take no credit for ending up in Alcoholics Anonymous instead of dead in the gutters of Baltimore. The circumstances guiding me to the rooms of Alcoholics Anonymous were God’s anonymous work. He knew His people in Alcoholics Anonymous would teach me to live the Twelve Steps, drawing me to Him, delivering me from despair to hope, from shame to joy, from the gates of hell to a little taste of heaven. It is all God’s “wonderful deeds”, not stopping there, but continuing daily. Indeed, when I take time to make one, my gratitude list never comes to an end of all my Heavenly Father’s joyful blessings.

God bless you.
Joe W.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: