View Single Post
Old 04-26-2014, 08:14 AM   #26
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
Saturday, April 26, 2014

You are reading from the book Today's Gift

"The horror of that moment," the King went on, "I shall never forget." "You will, though," the Queen said, "if you don't make a memorandum of it."
—Lewis Carroll

Crises come in many forms. When we are in the middle of any kind of crisis, we may feel like we have fallen into a deep hole. We may see no way out and begin to feel hopeless and overwhelmed by the size and darkness of the hole.

Yet we are not alone. An animal caught in a hole would cry out until someone came along and helped it out. We, too, can call out for help - to our Higher Power and to the important people in our lives. We can learn to trust that, with the help of our friends and our Higher Power, we will be able to crawl out of our holes.

With trust, we will climb out of our crises and be healed with the passage of time. Such holes are a part of our landscape, yet every time we will be able to climb out and walk, leaving the darkness behind us.

What help can I ask for today?
How can I ask for help, pray, call my sponsor, go to a meeting (any meeting), call a friend, preferably a member of the fellowship. As it says in the Bible, "Ask and you will receive." You need to accept how it comes, even if it is unknown and an unlikely source.

Yesterday, as a result of prayer and meditation, I got a call from the Holistic Center. They could have called anyone but they chose me to fill the cancellation. It may have been because I live close, but that is besides the point. I got what I needed. When the treatment was finished, I was walked to the elevator and I asked for a hug.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote