View Single Post
Old 05-24-2014, 05:34 PM   #6
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

In more about alcoholism, it talks about young people who haven't drank very long and yet qualify for this program. Again, it isn't how much you drank or how long you drank, once this disease has you, it take you, you don't take it and make a decision to stop, when you want. You can decide to stop, but very few people can on their own, without a spiritual aid be it a 12 Step Program or a Religious or Spiritual order of some kind. It is almost impossible to stop on our own unaided will I believe the words are, correct me please someone if I am wrong.

Again, it isn't what you drink, or how much you drank, or what you drank with it, or what you took with it, the alcohol is but a symptom of our disease. The real problem is me. Me and my attitude which needs that spiritual experience to bring about recovery.

On page 569 in the Third Edition of the Big Book describes a Spiritual Experience.

This is a we program, when I isolate I block the goodness as well as the not so good things from my life. I exist instead of living my life. This is a living program.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote