View Single Post
Old 08-21-2014, 06:44 PM   #24
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Grateful that I have 23 years of sobriety today, although when I get honest, it was more being sober than sobriety, because I did what I could, but had the feeling I should do more. More is always a danger word, especially for me.

It isn't about more years, but one day at a time for 23 years.

I am so grateful for the people in my life be it face to face or on the internet.

So many have done my research for me and I didn't have to go back out myself to find that it isn't any better out there.

Many have taught me how to work my program and how not to work my program. For me it is more about living, picking up the tools of recovery and applying them to my life.

I am so grateful for the tools of recovery, the most important are the 12 Steps, which originated with AA and passed on to other Fellowships.

As my sponsor said many years ago, and as I have said many times on the board, "A grateful alcoholic/addict will never have a reason to pick up, lot of excuses, but no reason to go back to where you came from.

My name is JoAnne, I am an alcoholic, and I am addicted to pills, men, food, and just about any object or person that will take me out of myself and make me feel better. I didn't know it wasn't their job, and that I was responsible for my own happiness and recovery. I had to let go of the blame game and live in reality, instead of denial and self-pity, and all those old feelings that are not condusive to serenity.

Having trust and faith in the program gets me through each day. Through the program, I was able to make a conscious contact with the God of my understanding, and for that I am very grateful.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote