View Single Post
Old 09-03-2014, 12:22 AM   #4
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
Well, I'd be the one who tells people over and over again--"You can have a different life" Because boy, oh BOY is that true!

I get to share my story--what it was like, what happened and what it's like now. And in that, I try desperately to bring hope.

And--being the rebel that I can still sometimes be (more frequently than wise person likes..LOL) I gotta tell ya, I don't 'expect' others to treat me 'fairly'--I expect very little....people are where they are. I expect ME to treat others in a kind and loving manner. Sometimes I even get that back!

Folks tell how I conduct myself inter-personally just "commands respect".
Maybe all that 11th step prayer work is working!
(don't tell wise person...LOL...I'd hate to say "YOU WERE RIGHT!" LOLOLOLOL)

~~~True ambition is the deep desire to live usefully and walk humbly under the grace of G-d.~~~
This was in response to my original post and the following is my response to Graced.

Thanks for sharing my friend, I know what you mean. I can still be the rebel too, it is good to know I am not the only one.

I have to share my experience, strength, and hope at a Dual Recovery Anonymous Meeting on Friday afternoon. This will be a new experience for me, yet I know that I am but a channel and when I connect with God, He will do the telling not me if I get out of the way.

Often we are the last to see things about ourselves and we are the last to know. Sometimes it is denial, sometimes it is just not able to accept goodness and love into our lives. It all has to come from within me in order for me to give. I was told, you have to top yourself up and just give away the overflow.

This was a hard lesson for me to learn, many times I found myself running on empty. You can't go far on fumes.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote