View Single Post
Old 09-11-2014, 05:43 AM   #11
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
Thursday, September 11, 2014

You are reading from the book Food for Thought

Praying Only...

In Step Eleven, we are "praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out." How that simplifies our prayer! We do not have to worry about asking for the right things in the right way. We simply pray that we may know God's will and be given the power to do it.

This Step is closely related to Step Three, since we are leaving the decisions up to God. He knows better than we what is best for us to have and to do. We make ourselves available to His direction without attaching conditions and clauses about what we will and will not do.

This kind of prayer frees us from much worry and anxiety. We accept abstinence as God's will for us, since without abstinence we are powerless to do much of anything. Beyond that, we are prepared to live each day as our Higher Power gives it to us, trusting that He will show us His will and supply us with the power that we need.

This is my prayer, Lord.
Praying for His Will, can't go far wrong with that. So miss the material from my sites from early recovery sent to me by friends in recovery. I needed a safe place to put all the material sent to me in e-mails. I am so grateful that some of it is posted on other sites.

Quote:
Reflection for the Day

It's time for me to realize that my attitude -- toward the life I'm living and the people in it -- can have a tangible, measurable and profound effect on what happens to me day by day. If I expect good, then good will surely come to me. And if I try each day to base my attitude and point of view on a sound spiritual foundation, I know it will change all the circumstances of my life for the better, too. Do I accept the fact that I have been given only a daily reprieve that is contingent on the maintenance of my spiritual condition?

Today I Pray

Since my illness was spiritual -- as well as physical and emotional -- may I mend spiritually through daily communion with God. May I find a corner of quiet within me where I can spend a few moments with Him. May He make His will known to me. May I worship Him from that inner temple that is in myself.

Today I Will Remember

To spend a quiet moment with God

You are reading from the book:

A Day at a Time by Anonymous

THOUGHT FOR TODAY:

This reminds me of how the God of my understanding makes Himself known to me on a daily basis. I like the God/Dog syndrome as I call it. God is a reflection of my Higher Self. What people see in me, is the message I carry to the world.

The Big Book says we need to go through a psychic change to bring about an attiitude adjustment which will allow us to go on living in a new way, with new perception and a willingness to grow, change and become the kind of person; an individual, complete and whole within one's Self, who my God would have me be in today.

Hope that makes sense. I have the feeling, but sometimes the messages haven't been getting to my fingers lately. I was just sharing with my sponsor that my head seems to be sitting on my shoulders, but I am not sure it is connected.
Posted in 2004

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote