View Single Post
Old 09-12-2014, 10:07 PM   #12
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
Friday, September 12, 2014

You are reading from the book Food for Thought

Carrying the Message

We do not keep our program unless we give it away. Our participation in meetings is a means of sharing with others what OA has given us. We are genuinely interested in newcomers, because they remind us of where we came from and because they give us an opportunity to strengthen our own program by sharing what we have received.

Sometimes we carry the message by providing transportation for someone who otherwise would not get to a meeting. Sometimes we give of ourselves by simply listening when a newcomer needs to talk. Practicing the OA principles in all areas of our life is carrying the message, even to those who are not compulsive overeaters.

Abstinence and the OA program now occupy the central place in our lives, the place which was once held by food. Following the will of our Higher Power means that we carry the message as He directs us. We are willing to be used in whatever way God moves us to give away our program.

May I serve You by carrying the message.
The first line is one of my favourite. As my friend and I shared tonight, what is good for one person, may not be good for another, each must come to their own understanding. Each person will get the same out of their understanding and the other person get's out of theirs.

Don't use, don't abuse, go to the God of your understanding, and He/She will direct your path.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote