View Single Post
Old 09-12-2014, 10:21 PM   #12
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
Friday, September 12, 2014

You are reading from the book Today's Gift

No yesterdays are ever wasted for those who give themselves today.
—Brendan Francis

We often find ourselves yearning for tomorrow. We get carried away thinking about the next day's big game or camping trip. We find ourselves daydreaming about how much fun we'll have with friends or what animals we'll see in the park.

The next day comes and perhaps the excitement about the game diminishes because our friends can't make it or the camping trip is cancelled because of bad weather. We feel cheated and begin regretting the missed opportunities of yesterday.

When we find ourselves concentrating only on tomorrow, we need to stop and look around. We'll begin to notice the joke a friend is telling, or the bird flying overhead. We will begin appreciating the joys of the moment.

When we live in the moment, we have no expectations about the next moment, and without expectations, we can't be disappointed, only surprised.

What is delightful about this moment right now?
What a lovely quote. I am delighted about this moment, because my headache has eased, I cooked dinner even though I only ate half of what was on my plate. I am listening to some easy listening music while I post.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote