View Single Post
Old 09-15-2014, 10:05 PM   #15
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
Monday, September 15, 2014

You are reading from the book Today's Gift

He felt frightened at being different from his brothers and sisters. It scared him to be different.
—E. B. White

How ugly and wrong it makes us feel to be different: to be tall when others are short, slow when others are fast, black when others are white.

The miracle, and paradox, is that everyone is different - and that is what makes us all the same.

When we think honestly about the people we admire - friends, sports heroes, actors, musicians, parents, teachers, employers - we know that all of them, as human beings, not heroes, have felt out of place in their lives, probably many times.

Believing we are alone or different cuts us off from others. Climbing over that protective wall of "differentness" is scary, but it is guaranteed to set us free.

How can I let go of my "differentness" today?
This is not computing, I had to learn that we are all individuals and unique in our own way. I have two sisters, and we are all very different. It isn't a bad thing, it just is. Before it gave me low-self esteem, but it was about me learning to accept who I was, and working the program and changing and becoming the person, my God would have me be. That person is still not the same as my sisters.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote