View Single Post
Old 11-20-2014, 11:50 PM   #2
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Pocket Sponsor

Whatever you are trying to avoid, it won't go away until you confront it.

When I see myself as others see me, do I deny it?

Found myself always getting angry. Didn't know it was a defence mechanism. Didn't know it was denial. When you get to Step Ten, and you hear, every time you point a finger at someone, you have three coming back at you; you don't feel so bad, because you are glad you aren't the one pointing the finger.

Today, I am not as fearful of it. I do try to take it to heart and have a little talk to my God about it. I try to get honest and see my part, get honest, keep an open mind and be willing to change. For me, it is about getting back to basics, which is prayer ad meditation, and applying the Steps.

I have also found that if I avoid it, my God keeps bringing me back to it, and if I don't listen to one person, He will bring someone else into my life to carry the message to me. As a sponsee said many years ago, "Is your God hitting you over the head again with a spiritual cast iron frying pan?"

I did a meditation the other day with one of my many angel cards and got a card that said, "Listen" (Quiet your mind, everything has been taken care of, a quiet body and mind hears quickly and clearly) and if I remember rightly, at the time I shuffled the deck and later went back and read it. Like the card I got tonight, "There is nothing to worry about." When can walk in fear or in faith, we do have a choice.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote