View Single Post
Old 09-10-2013, 10:40 AM   #12
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 11

SELF-ACCEPTANCE

"Clay doesn't talk back to the fingers that mold it, saying, 'Why did you shape me like this?'" Romans 9:20

"Until I could accept my alcoholism, I could not stay sober; unless I accept life completely on life's terms, I cannot be happy." Alcoholics Anonymous, p. 417 (449)

For what it's worth: Self-hate and self-resentment are killers. Preoccupation with my defects, insecurities, and shame fueled my alcoholism for years, and, in sobriety, can readily cause relapse. At times, when I feel relaxed, as happened so often during my drinking, I am only letting my mind wander around loose and unsupervised. This is dangerous even without the influence of alcohol because I easily drift back to stinkin' thinkin' about my inadequacies. Is not this the pot criticizing the potter? At these times, I must beg my Heavenly Father's forgiveness and seek His strength to practice self-acceptance. Until I do, "I cannot be happy".

God bless you.
Joe W.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: