Thread: Gratitude List
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2016, 04:00 PM   #340
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Sorry, it looks like I have been short on gratitude again. In truth, I am not, just never got time or had the thought to post here. At least, not one that I heeded.
Grateful for another day of sobriety.
Grateful for this program using the 12 Steps to a better state of being.
Grateful that I no longer have to live in my dis-ease.
Grateful for a God who directs my path.
Grateful for His Good Orderly Direction each day.
Grateful that my computer is still holding up, even though it has been giving me problems.
Grateful that I got to share, not so grateful that my feet are swollen like balloons because I have been playing catch up.
Grateful that I finally felt like eating. It is just a little bit late, and two peaches are probably not all that good for me. I think I will try a pineapple Activia before going to FB to see what my family is up to.
Grateful that I can communicate with my sister and niece on line.
Grateful for the food I have to eat. Tonight two 3/4" pork chops, fresh from the market. I plan to cook what a woman in treatment called "Dutch potatoes." Carrots, cut finely, I put them on to cook first, then I add potatoes. When they are cooked, I drain, add butter, milk, and cheese. Yum, Yum!
Grateful for my day yesterday, truly a day and a half.
Grateful that I was able to crash today, even though I missed my Al-Anon group.
Grateful that a member of my group called me to say hello and see how I was and would I be able to go to the meeting this week, seeing as I missed it last week because I messed up my alarm. I told her I would be there unless it is pouring down rain, lightning and thunder. A little rain won't bother me, I won't melt, but I can't push a walker and carry an umbrella too. The wind is another factor, it generally likes to carry my umbrella away. I don't have the strength in my hands to argue with it.
Grateful for all those who walk this journey with me. God Bless.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote