View Single Post
Old 04-01-2019, 11:15 AM   #13
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 1

This guest post was submitted by Kit G:

Quote of the Week

“When a man or woman has had a spiritual awakening, the most important meaning of it is that he has now become able to do, feel and believe that which he could not do so before on his unaided strength and resources alone. He has been granted a gift…he has been transformed…” --Twelve and Twelve, page 107.

How different my day started today in comparison to yesterday. My husband called me shortly after leaving for work this morning. While walking to the school where he teaches, he looked up and was awed by the setting moon. This from a man who never stops to smell the roses!! “Walk outside,” he says to me, “look toward the pond, the moon is the most beautiful I have ever seen. I just wanted to share that with you.”

My life became lonely and miserable when I lived in a bottle of vodka, no room for the beautiful, the unexpected. Now sober, I take time to pause and open myself to the wonders all around me, I am in awe. My husband gave me that opportunity today.

How, then, can I harbor any doubt that there exists a Power Greater than me? This universe is full of marvelous happenings. By observing the miracles is nature, the imponderable, I get a sense, just barely, of the mystery and majesty of creation and the Force behind it. So, I think this morning my eyes watched the beauty of a harvest moon lighting the western sky just as the sun was beginning to make its appearance in the east. I smelled the scent of pine trees behind my apartment—musty, yet sweet. I could hear the traffic in the distance as the city began to stir to life for another day. I could feel the softness of my dog’s fur as I petted her, watching and listening to all this unfold before me, and tasted that first cup of coffee for the day…savoring it all the more. I am profoundly grateful this day that, with God’s grace, I am sober.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote