View Single Post
Old 03-02-2020, 01:24 PM   #9
bluidkiti
Administrator

March 2

Quote of the Week

"The difference between my will and God’s will is that my will starts out easy and gets hard, while God’s will starts out hard and gets easy."

A perfect example of this quote is the program itself. When I was new, my will often told me that it would be much easier to just keep drinking and doing what I had been doing, than to work the program and take all those Steps. Of course, my will had always seemed easier, but when I bottomed out I saw how hard that path had really been. By staying sober, I found that God’s will for me was to recover, and though early recovery was hard at first, my life got infinitely better and became more fulfilling.

What I learned in recovery is that the main problem with my will is that it is driven by my incessant wants and needs. It tricks me into thinking that I deserve to satisfy myself first, and only then can I be available to help another. As I pursue my will and trample over others to get what I want, I find that my will is insatiable, and I quickly become lost in its demands.

God’s will, on the other hand, is about focusing on and helping others first. When I pray for the knowledge of God’s will and the power to carry that out, I become interested in what’s right for all concerned, the whole picture of which I am just a part. I find that as I become truly focused on helping others get what they want and need, my wants lessen, and soon I realize that I have much more than I need. Because helping others brings such peace and serenity into my life, I know this has been God’s will for me all along.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.