View Single Post
Old 09-27-2020, 02:40 AM   #2
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 2

Prayer When Frustrated & Overwhelmed

Lord,
Life can be so overwhelming at times, frustration has gotten the better of me today. I feel as though I am weary but there is yet so much to do and there seems to be so little time. My workload seems to be growing; the demands on me from everyone are just simply too much for me today, it’s too overwhelming. My energy is drained and I feel as though I am losing hope, that this life would not get any easier.

Give me strength, Lord, to overcome these negative feelings and to get all the tasks that I have to do. That they be completed, efficiently and effectively, and on time!
Amen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

If we are still clinging to something that we will not let go, we must sincerely ask God to help us to be willing to let even that go, too. We cannot divide our lives into compartments and keep some for ourselves. We must give all the compartments to God. We must say: 'My Creator, I am now willing that you should have all of me, good and bad. I pray that you now remove from me every single defect of character which stands in the way of my usefulness to you and my friends.

So ............

Am I still clinging to something that I will not let go?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

Self Honesty

Our lies to ourselves kept us so fully in the dark. We sometimes told "sincere" lies because we honestly did not distinguish the truth within ourselves. For so long we had preferred dishonest rationalizations, and we had come to believe them.

We slowly cleanse ourselves of the lies that we told ourselves. With this kind of honesty comes an inner peace with ourselves, and we can say, "I know myself."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tolerance

For countless reasons, people with drinking problems blunder into conflicts with others. It's not unusual to hear that a person has not spoken to a relative for years as a result of some foolish misunderstanding.

The key to peace in our lives is the slogan: "Live and Let Live." If we reflect on this slogan a bit, we want to live freely, and we ought to let others choose their lifestyles without interference from us. After all, if there was anything we alcoholics resented, it was the busybody who tried to shape our lives for us.

Nobody has the competence or understanding to tell us how we should live, nor should we try to control other people.

~~ Author Unknown

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Just a Quote

"Forget perfect on the first try. In the face of frustration, your best tool is a few deep breaths, and remembering that you can do anything once you've practiced two hundred times. Seriously." ~~ Andrea Buchanan
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote