View Single Post
Old 09-27-2020, 02:41 AM   #4
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 4

Simple Morning Prayer

God, please enlighten my mind with truth, inflame my heart with love, inspire my will with courage, enrich my life with service.
Pardon what I have been, sanctify what I am, and order what I shall be.
Amen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

We must continue to take personal inventory and continue to set right any new mistakes as we go along. We should grow in understanding and effectiveness. This is not an overnight matter; it should continue for our lifetime. Continue to watch for selfishness, dishonesty, resentment, and fear. When these crop up, we ask God at once to remove them. We must not rest on our laurels. We are headed for trouble if we do. We are not cured of alcoholism. What we really have is a daily reprieve, contingent on the maintenance of our spiritual condition.

So ............

Am I checking my spiritual condition daily?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

Happiness is a by-product of love and service

A life of power and joy and satisfaction is built on love and service. Persons who hate or are selfish are going against the law of their own being. They are cutting themselves off from God and other people. Little acts of love and encouragement, of service and help, erase the rough places of life and help to make the path smooth. If we do these things, we cannot help having our share of happiness.

I pray that I may not grow weary in my attempts to do the right thing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Leisure
by W. H. Davies

What is this life if, full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare.

No time to stand beneath the boughs
And stare as long as sheep or cows.

No time to see, when woods we pass,
Where squirrels hide their nuts in grass.

No time to see, in broad daylight,
Streams full of stars, like skies at night.

No time to turn at Beauty’s glance,
And watch her feet, how they can dance.

No time to wait till her mouth can
Enrich that smile her eyes began.

A poor life this if, full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Few Quotes

“Happiness is a choice, a repetitive one.” ~~ Akilnathan Logeswaran

“Stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight.” ~~ Gordon B. Hinckley
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote