View Single Post
Old 09-27-2020, 02:43 AM   #6
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 6

Accepting Others Prayer

Lord, it's sometimes hard for me to understand or accept or love those who are different from me. I find myself wanting to change them, so that they fit my accepted patterns. I know that the difference between us need not separate us, but my lack of understanding makes me want to stay within the safety of my own perceptions rather than embrace what seems foreign. Give me curiosity of mind so that I am open to the perspectives that others can offer me. Help me see the similarities that bind us together.
Amen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

We live in an age of information. The technological tools have put us into a mode of speed—we actually start trying to approach the soaking up of information at a rate similar to a computer processing data. In such a fast-paced environment the slow savoring of ideas and concepts has gotten lost in the push for quickness and efficiency.

The practice of spiritual reading is one way to regain a more balanced and meaningful interaction with the world around us. It can help us slow down so that information is allowed to seep unhurriedly into our heart, our mind, our soul, where it can be turned over. This action of slowing our intake of information helps us slacken our pace as we walk through the world without—and the world within.

So ............

Am I using a form of meditation and reflection that calms a thumping heart to a gentle and silent beat.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

Accepting Our Best

We will do our best for the moment. If we have to redo it, we can do our best in another moment, later. There comes a time when we feel we have done our best.

God, help me stop criticizing myself so I can start appreciating how far I've come.
Today, I will do my best, and then let it go.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Justified Resentments

One of the greatest hurdles in sobriety is the so-called justified resentment. We feel that we have a right to be angry at somebody who has hurt or offended us. This feeling might be correct if our anger could remedy the matter and bring it to a just conclusion, but this hardly ever happens. If we are angry, we usually want revenge more than we want justice. Uncontrolled anger will make us behave as unjustly as those who harmed us did. This means more trouble. Whether revenge is sought or not, anger also poisons our own lives.

We can deal with "justified resentment" by reminding ourselves that there's no justification for the pain and sickness a festering resentment will cause in our lives. There is no justified resentment.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Quote

“I live on a ship full of outcasts, populated by society's unacceptable. And yet, here I stand, happy. And I love them all. It is time to tender myself the same level of courtesy. Or perhaps it is time that I simply accepted that I too am one of the strange and abandoned.” ~~ Gail Carriger
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote