View Single Post
Old 11-02-2020, 04:43 AM   #2
bluidkiti
Administrator

November 2

Prayer for Self Control

Lord,
Today I ask forgiveness of all the negative and harmful words I have spoken about myself.
I do not want to abuse myself in such a way again.
Transform my thoughts and let me understand how marvelously you made me.
Change my habits so I use my tongue to speak hope and favor upon my life.
Amen
-- Sarah Coleman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

Before we decide to quit drinking, most of us have come up against a blank wall.

We’d seen that we're beaten, that we have to quit. But we don't know which way to turn for help. There seems to be no door in that blank wall. A.A. opens the door that leads to sobriety. By encouraging us to honestly admit that we're alcoholics and to realize that we can't take even one drink, and by showing us which way to turn for help, A.A. opens the door in that blank wall.

So ............

Have I gone through that door to sobriety?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

Being Honest with Ourselves

Our relationship with ourselves is the most important relationship we need to maintain.

When we can tell ourselves how we feel, and accept our feelings, we can tell others.

When we can accept what we want and need, we will be ready to have our wants and needs met.

When we can accept what we think and believe, and accept what's important to us, we can relay this to others.

When we learn to take ourselves seriously, others will too.

When we learn to chuckle at ourselves, we will be ready to laugh with others.

When we have learned to trust ourselves, we will be trustworthy and ready to trust.

When we can be grateful for who we are, we will have achieved self-love.

When we have achieved self-love and accepting our wants and needs, we will be ready to give and receive love.

When we've learned to stand on our own two feet, we're ready to stand next to someone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tradition One

"Our common welfare should come first; personal recovery depends upon A.A. Unity."

"Does this mean," some will anxiously ask, "that in A.A. the individual doesn't count for much? Is he to be dominated by his group and swallowed up in it?" We may certainly answer this question with a loud "No!" We believe there isn't a fellowship on earth which lavishes more devoted care upon its individual members; surely there is none which more jealously guards the individual's right to think, talk, and act as he wishes. No A.A. can compel another to do anything; nobody can be punished or expelled. Our Twelve Steps to recovery are suggestions; the Twelve Traditions which guarantee A.A.'s unity contain not a single "Don't." They repeatedly say "We ought . . ." but never "You must!"

Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions Page 129

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Few Quotes

"You have power over your mind – not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength." -- Marcus Aurelius

'If passion drives you, let reason hold the reins' -- Benjamin Franklin
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote