View Single Post
Old 11-05-2020, 05:45 AM   #5
bluidkiti
Administrator

November 5

Recovery Prayer

Lord,
You say that I should ask you for whatever I need.
To those who ask, it will be given.
To those who seek, it will be found.
To those who knock, the door will be opened.
I ask you for healing and recovery today.
You are the God of all hope and so I look to you in my time of need.
You are the healing God, please bring healing.
You are the Comforter, please bring comfort.
You are the spring of living water, help me find life in all its fullness.
Amen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

Can I get well?
If I mean: "Can I ever drink normally again," the answer is no. But if I mean, "Can I stay sober?" the answer is definitely yes.

I can get well by turning my drink problem over to a Power greater than myself, that Divine Principle in the universe which we call God, and by asking that Power each morning to give me the strength to stay sober for the next twenty-four hours. I know from the experience of thousands of people that if I honestly want to get well, I can get well.

So ............

Am I faithfully following the A.A. program?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

Hope & Life

Many of us think, "Life seems to be going so well; I wonder what's wrong?" Are we more accustomed to remorse and crisis than to joy and serenity?

What lies before us today is an unpainted picture. There are many possibilities for events to take a good turn. This, too, is part of the package, but we must believe and affirm the good things in order to accept them. When our only expectations are pain and trouble, they probably will be our only experiences. However, when we have faith that a better life is possible, we open ourselves to receive it.

Today, I will live with hope for the possibilities and accept the good things that come my way.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Walls Of Ego

People who are driven by pride of self unconsciously blind themselves to their liabilities. Newcomers of this sort scarcely need comforting. The problem is to help them discover a chink in the walls their ego has built, through which the light of reason can shine.

Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions Page 46

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Quote

“Our ego can build a WALL around our soul so thick & formidable that we can't experience the love & warmth of others." -- Jay S.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote